Monday, August 9, 2010

All this PACKING!!!

So it is midnight and I am looking at all the stuff I am taking to Hong Kong for my semester abroad. Sadly, the majority of my luggage weight is not stuff for me but for the ASIANS already there! The Tsang family has put in their request for items to be purchased for them and the nice guy I am has it all packed, forty-five pounds of one hundred spoken for. The hard part is deciding what all to bring (i.e. which clothes, etc.) I have decided that is will be better to purchase the toiletries and school supplies when I arrive.

I am so excited about going to Hong Kong for the fall semester! I am attending Hong Kong Baptist University, incase you did not know. I will be studying literature and learning Cantonese. I plan on going and visiting the Great Wall before I leave to come home at the end of December. There is so much I want to do but the reality is it probably wont all happen. The way I see it is as long as I enjoy the classes and learn all about the culture it will be a WIN situation for me! Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to help out at medical clinics while in Hong Kong. 

This trip to Hong Kong was not even a thought until it was offered at the end of this past semester. Fortunately, I have two great friends who live only a few metro stops away from where I will be living. I was recently in Hong Kong, this past Christmas, for their wedding. I can not wait until I get to see them! I already have the first four days planned of where I want to go eat. It's a little sad when the first thing that is on my mind is FOOD!!! It is just that good. 

Only eight more days until I leave! I am counting down the hours!